Slab Leak Repairs and Inspection. Prompt Detection of Slab Leaks is Vital in Austin, Texas Area
Slab leaks can rapidly change from a tiny leak to major flooding in a home. If you haven’t had your plumbing inspected or you’re worried about a potential leak, ABC Austin Service Express LLC is available to help you. We offer emergency services 24/7 and, in many cases, can offer same-day assistance. If you’re worried about your slab and trying to find help near me, call (512) 448-0532 right now.
At ABC Austin Service Express LLC, we’re dedicated to helping you get the right assistance as quickly as possible. We offer affordable inspections and repairs. We also offer reliable expert services so you can rest assured any repairs are done properly the first time. Check out the tips here to learn more about why you might have a slab leak and when to give us a call for help.
Is Your Home at Risk?
Many homes in Austin, Texas and the surrounding areas are at risk of slab leaks. This is due to the soil underneath the home, which typically has a high concentration of clay. Though the concrete slab underneath a home is designed to protect against some of the risks your home may face, plumbing issues underneath the slab could lead to serious issues for your home. This is especially true if you’re not sure what to look for or overlook signs that you could have a slab leak.
How Slab Leaks Happen
Soil tends to expand and contract throughout the year. When the soil has a higher concentration of clay, it has more of a chance of significantly expanding or contracting. Water in the clay can cause it to expand quickly, causing pressure underneath the flooring that could cause it to crack. In some cases, the crack can be significant enough that the water floods the bottom floor of the home. Issues can also occur when the clay soil dries out, contracting again. If this causes the slab to fail, it can damage the water lines underneath the home, letting water into the home.
Signs You Might Have a Slab Leak
There are a number of different signs homeowners should be aware of to detect slab leaks. Early detection can lead to repairs that can stop the issue from getting much worse. Some of the things to look out for include the following.
- Foundation Cracks are Noticeable – It’s possible to notice foundation cracks around the outside of the home. This is often a clear sign the home’s foundation is shifting, which could lead to plumbing issues below the slab.
- Bad Smells Coming from the Floors – If your floors smell bad even after they’ve been thoroughly cleaned, it might not be the floors themselves you’re smelling. You may be smelling the leaking plumbing below the slab.
- Running Water Sounds – If you’re able to hear running water and there is nothing turned on in your home, it could be water running out of the pipes beneath your home. This requires immediate attention.
- Higher Water Bills – While water bills can change as more or less water is used, it should not significantly increase without a cause. This may be one of the first signs homeowners notice, but it’s easy to overlook a higher-than-normal bill or assume there is another cause for the increase.
- Soil Around the Home has Shifted – If the soil around your home looks noticeably different, it could be because of the soil expanding and contracting. If it has changed around the home, it’s likely it changed underneath the home as well.
Early Detection is Key
Early detection is key for slab leaks. The earlier an issue is noticed, the easier it will be for an expert to provide the necessary repairs. Plus, detecting leaks earlier can help prevent flooding inside the home as well as other major issues. You’ll want to work with one of our experts to have your home inspected for slab leaks on a regular basis and contact us immediately if you notice any of the signs of a slab leak.
Slab Leak Repairs
ABC Austin Service Express offers 24 hour emergency slab leak repair. We will diagnose the problem with our plumbing camera and identify exactly where the leak lies and provide you a a solution and a quote to fix the leak. We serve the cities of Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Kyle, Buda, Lakeway, Del Valley, Bastrop, Manor, Elgin, Georgetown, West Lake, Cedar Park,and Leander Texas.
If you’re in Austin, Texas or the surrounding area and you’re worried about a slab leak, make sure you get help today. At ABC Austin Service Express LLC, we offer 24/7 emergency plumbing repairs for both residential and commercial customers. We’re recognized with the BBB and offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee to ensure you’re happy with the help you receive. Get help today by visiting us online at www.ABCAustinACandHeating.com or call (512) 447-0532 for fast help.