Have You Considered These 6 HVAC Energy Saving Investments
Are you planning to do some remodeling in the near future? You might consider these energy efficiency suggestions before you make any purchases.
1) Choose ENERGY STAR appliances and electronics. When buying new appliances, choose ENERGY STAR-certified models. For example, a new ENERGY STAR refrigerator uses about 20 percent less energy than a standard new refrigerator, and 46 percent less than one made in 1980. A new Energy Star® clothes washer uses nearly 50 percent less energy than a standard washer.
2) Install a programmable thermostat. If you have a heat pump, select a model designed for heat pumps. Setback thermostats can save up to 15 percent on energy costs.
3) Increase ceiling insulation. If your ceiling is uninsulated or scantily insulated, consider increasing your ceiling insulation using blown insulation up to R-38 to reduce heating costs by 5-25 percent.
4) Seal ducts. Leaking ductwork accounts for more than 25 top 30 percent of heating costs in an average home. Consider hiring a contractor to test the tightness of your ducts and repair leaks and restrictions in your duct. Seek out professional duct cleaning at least once every two years.
5) High-efficiency windows. If you are planning to replace your windows, choosing ENERGY STAR windows can reduce your heating and cooling costs by up to 15 percent.
6) High-efficiency furnace. The average furnace should be replaced every 10-15 years. Realize that almost half of your utility bill is your furnace or air conditioning unit depending on where you live. A high-efficiency furnace will increase your savings over time.
In the State of Texas, many homeowners and businesses in counties and cities surrounding Austin Texas may qualify for energy saving money Rebates. Combine that with some Zero Down financing options and you are well on your way.
At ABC Austin Service Express we like to consider ourselves as the Premier HVAC Repairs Near Me service provider of choice. Heck, we have been satisfying customers since 1999. Call us and ask about how you can receive an extra $1000 Off a new system replacement. Some terms and conditions do apply.
ABC Austin Service Express LLC
2110 W Slaughter Ln Ste #107-169
Austin TX 78715